The islands and waters of Canada's Salish Sea will be a vibrant tapestry of culture and ecology where humans live and work in harmony with the natural world. A network of protected areas will preserve in perpetuity native species and natural systems of the islands. Engaged residents and conservation partners will work together to protect large natural areas and key wildlife habitat. Viable ecosystems will flourish alongside healthy island communities.
We're focusing our efforts on natural features in the islands most in need of protection.
In partnership with other local conservancies, we've created a plan to help us protect the natural beauty of these islands. The Regional Conservation Plan sets these long-term goals for the Islands Trust Fund:
- Secure core conservation areas;
- Find ways to protect biodiversity priorities on working landscapes;
- Conserve marine ecosystems and habitats;
- Help local governments prioritize biodiversity in local planning;
- Promote community participation in conservation; and
- Support and enhance the work of our partners.
We all have a role to play in preserving the rare and beautiful ecosystems of the islands. The Islands Trust Fund is working with you - island landowners, visitors, conservancies and government to preserve the island landscapes you love.